Website Grafana Labs
We are Grafana Labs; the company behind the Grafana project. Our team is building a SaaS observability platform: Grafana Cloud, and an Enterprise offering: Grafana Enterprise, while cementing Grafana as the leading open source software for time series analytics.
Grafana Cloud is our composable observability platform that integrates metrics, logs, and traces with Grafana. It allows our customers to leverage the best open source observability software – including Prometheus, Mimir, Loki, and Tempo – without the overhead of installing, maintaining and scaling their own observability stack.
The BI Team At Grafana
Our mission is to give users the capability to aggregate data from any source they have within their environment, opening the door to a new way of thinking about observability. We want users to be able to leverage Grafana to view their infrastructure as well as the lifecycle of their software in a composable fashion.
The BI squad aims to build easy to use, visually pleasing, and powerful BI tools to simplify data analysis, so we can increase our customer base.We reach that goal by expanding Grafana use cases beyond observability as well as expanding the user base of Grafana.
What You’ll Work OnThe team collaborates on reviewing feature requests from the OSS community and our customer base, identifying high-level roadmap themes, and overall driving the direction of BI at Grafana Labs.
We are currently focusing on enhancing our workflows,
You Will Have The Opportunity To
As a BI intern, you will work closely with our squad to learn and contribute to our OSS solution.
- Learn about our ways of working and best practices when contributing to OSS
- Gain in depth knowledge of the Grafana tool stack
- Work closely with more experienced Grafanistas to deliver new and exciting features
- Review and discuss open pull requests to gain more insight
- Maintain BI data sources (ex. Google BigQuery) and make them work for BI users
- Share maintenance on visualization panels with other squad
- Collaborate with UX in designing usable and exciting solutions
- Implement your features with support from your colleagues
- Engage with the Grafana community and get feedback on your features
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful. We value autonomy and enabling decisions over committees and red tape.
- You have interests in full-stack development and working in DevOps environments. We are a distributed team, working remotely, on a product that will be used by engineers all over the world – the ability to ask for help, do your research, and experiment with code is crucial.
- You are eager to learn and grow. There is a lot of room for growth and development, and the team has quite a lot of knowledge to share with those who are willing to learn.
- You enjoy being part of the community. Community is part of our core, and interacting with the community is a day-to-day thing for us. At the same time, you know how to recognize ideas and solutions that bring the biggest value to them and have the biggest impact on their experience.
- You can communicate design decisions clearly in written and spoken English.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
- You approach development holistically. The team owns the full life cycle of our code; from writing design docs, to looking at community feedback, and automated testing. We appreciate engineers who enjoy looking at the big picture, and also notice the details of the brush strokes.
At Grafana Labs we value diverse perspectives; it’s one of our core values. Listed above are qualities we value but it is not an exhaustive list, you don’t need to check all the boxes. We welcome individuals of various backgrounds and believe that this diverse mindset makes us stronger.
- We work with React as our framework, Typescript, Redux, and RxJS
- We use Storybook to communicate internally and externally (e.g plugin developers can see what the component library looks like and offers)
- We use Golang for code that needs to live on the backend
- Application Review
- Recruiter Introductory call
- Manager Screening call
- Coding interview
What We Offer
- Work on a motivated, highly engaged remote team that’s supportive and open to constructive feedback
- Projects that give you the feeling of making an impact both on our community and your colleagues.
- Exciting mission and strategy to make an open platform for metrics, logs and tracing accessible to everyone.
Internship Program Information
- Applications Open: September 28, 2022
- Application Review Starts: October 17, 2022
- Ability to work full-time for Summer 2023
- You are currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date in 2024
- This will be a paid internship
- We are accepting applications from the following locations Canada, USA, United Kingdom, Germany or Sweden
About Grafana Labs:
There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
There are currently no vacancies.